Nezaradené > Nezaradené
MS - nový SC VMM2008 R2 Beta
Dnes vydala spoločnosť Microsoft ďalší z produktov, v ktorom už bude podporovaná budúca pokročilá funkcionalita MS virtualizácie : t.j. hypervízora druhej generácie - čiže W2k8 R2 Hyper-V 2.0 ! Je to beta verzia produktu SystemCenter Virtual Machine Manager R2.
Čo ma zaujalo na tomto produkte najviac je :
" Networking optimizations: two new technologies -- Virtual Machine Queue (VMQ) and Chimney – provide increased network throughput while reducing CPU load. "
a hlavne toto :
" VMM 2008 R2 adds new functionality such as Maintenance Mode which automates the process of migrating virtual machines to other hosts for host maintenance or upgrades "
Myslím, že k tomu nie je potrebný žiadny preklad do slovenčiny.
Nižšie uvádzam všetky podstatné info, ak by ste sa rozhodli si túto funkcionalitu odskúšať už teraz :
On Monday, March 16, Microsoft will publically announce and make available System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2008 R2 Beta. The VMM 2008 R2 Beta is designed to exploit the new hypervisor enhancements of Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta which was released in Dec 2008. Some of the great new capabilities of Windows Server 2008 R2 that VMM R2 Beta now supports include Live Migration, Clustered Shared Volumes (CSV), and the ability to "hot add" storage to virtualized infrastructure. Managed through the VMM console, these features enable administrators to migrate virtual machines among hosts with no downtime, increase storage flexibility and simplify SAN administration.
The beta download bits will go live on Friday, Mar 13 and at that time an email push will be made to customers who have pre-enrolled for the beta program and to key reviewers. The formal announcement of beta availability will be made at 7am PST Monday, 3/16 via the VMM Management Blog - http://blogs.technet.com/ and will be reflected in updated content on the VMM homepage. VMM 2008 R2 Beta download will be available from the MS Connect - http://connect.microsoft.com/ site.
How you can support VMM 2008 R2 Beta:
· Tell customers about the beta and send them to the www.microsoft.com/scvmm homepage to learn more
· Encourage customers to download and evaluate the VMM 2008 R2 Beta
· Showcase VMM 2008 R2 Beta in all your Live Migration demos
· Show how much easier and straightforward CSV makes managing SAN storage and migrating virtual machines in and out of clusters
What is VMM 2008 R2 Beta and what are its new capabilities?
VMM 2008 R2 Beta is a comprehensive management solution for virtualized infrastructure that takes advantage of many of the great new features of Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta including:
· Live Migration: Enables the movement of running virtual machines from one virtual host to another with no downtime.
· Clustered Shared Volumes: Helps enable Live Migration and eliminates the previous one LUN per virtual machine requirement thus simplifying SAN administration.
· Hot addition/removal of storage: Allows the addition and removal of new virtual hard disks (VHDs) and iSCSI pass-through disks running on virtual infrastructure.
· Networking optimizations: two new technologies -- Virtual Machine Queue (VMQ) and Chimney - provide increased network throughput while reducing CPU load.
Additionally, VMM 2008 R2 adds new functionality such as Maintenance Mode which automates the process of migrating virtual machines to other hosts for host maintenance or upgrades. Support for SAN storage has also been enhanced allowing for easier and more straightforward virtual machine migrations in and out of host clusters.
A full list of "What New" in VMM 2008 R2 is at www.microsoft.com/scvmm.
When will VMM 2008 R2 be available?
VMM 2008 R2 will ship within 60 days of the RTM release of Windows Server 2008 R2, currently scheduled Q1 CY 2010.